All master classes will be FREE to attend for conference participants!
There will be 3 topics/classes topics to choose from:
- Lighting - POSTPONED
- Facility Management
Lighting - POSTPONED
The management of sport and recreation facilities continues to be a critical area for local governments across Queensland and Australia. Councils have used a range of approaches and these have delivered successes and failures. Our industry professionals know that there are many factors including: community expectations, politics and economics, that impact on successful management.
This 2.5 hour master class will provide an overview of recent nationwide research into aquatic and leisure facility management and provide perspectives from industry leaders (including commercial managers and local government) on the pros and cons of different management models.
This highly interactive Master Class Program includes:
- Introductions and overview
- Results of the national survey of contract management arrangements for 163 LGA owned Aquatic and Leisure Facilities
- Understanding the benefits of commercial management and contract management (Russell Grenenger - Belgravia Leisure)
- The metrics of management - Improving performance of your Centres (Bruce Mackay , previous CEO Western Leisure Services)
- Funding new and upgrading old - Can you include debt in your capital mix? (Jason Leslie, Otium Planning Group)
- Perspectives from local government
This master class is limited to 20 places so please book quickly!
DOWNLOAD FACILITY MANAGEMENT FLYER as at 13.5.2019