ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2020
This year's conference aims to showcase the positive and proactive ways that local governments, industry specialists, sporting organisations and consultants are stepping up to the challenge of climate change and environmental stewardship.
If you've got a project you wish to showcase to others in Queensland that demonstrates climate action and how resilience and sustainability are being incorporated into the policy, planning , design and/or management of the parks spaces we develop, we'd love you to share it. Theme ideas include:
ThemesTheme ideas include:
- Land stewardship and the incorporation of indigenous rights and values
- Environmental stewardship and achieving low carbon or carbon neutrality through green infrastructure
- Strategic thinking and leadership to challenge the status quo and rethink how parks sustainably integrate with the built form
- Resilient development that is sympathetic to existing land forms and features
- What future design looks like in the parks and recreation space due to climate change
- How weather and adverse climate events are (or might) shaping policy and/or design and/or decision making on projects or programs
Key DatesAbstracts Open: NOW
- The invitation to submit an Abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference.
- Speakers will need to register to attend the Conference.
- You may submit more than one Abstract.
- Although many presentations use PowerPoint, its use is not a prerequisite. We encourage presenters to use other media such as film, photos etc.
- Presentations will be delivered in a variety of formats and timings. Please advise this in your submission to email@example.com
- Abstracts with a regional, interstate or international context are strongly encouraged
- Sessions which incorporate substantial delegate interaction are strongly encouraged
- If your company wishes to sponsor a specific session or workshop this is encouraged
- Abstracts with a focus on any elements of environment and climate change are encouraged
- Workshops, Interactive sessions that promote networking are strongly encouraged